The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young blood...
Hi R, We really know what her mother looked like when she was young. I have never seen such a likeness to a mother. Perhaps that’s a good thing as looking at her father? Only jocking R.?. Nice to see a youngster interested in getting mechanically involved. My grandson loves to ride in my Ruby but has no interest at all when it comes to servicing or repairs.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
"Tomorrow we will make up and weld a bespoke exhaust system on the Sports Coupe."

I do hope these words come back to haunt you when in a couple of years time she has surpassed your skills as a welder! Go for it Daisy!
Here's her mother at the same age...

.jpeg   8F3B83FC-3FC6-4D74-8C54-47D4EEEB0534_1_105_c.jpeg (Size: 210.6 KB / Downloads: 379)

...and, here is me recreating a newspaper photo of my father just last weekend (they are the exact same glasses)!

.jpg   Ian in paper.jpg (Size: 82.98 KB / Downloads: 379)
.jpg   R looking like Ian.jpg (Size: 55.81 KB / Downloads: 376)
(26-06-2020, 09:47 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: ...and, here is me recreating a newspaper photo of my father just last weekend (they are the exact same glasses)!

And the same hairline.
Genetics eh? You can run but you can't hide

c
My father was bald at 22.

The recreation is trimmed to emulate the one above, but yes, I am catching him up - did you expect me not to be doing so? 

Look how surprised I am to be learning this!  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

I Love this thread.

Daisy is clearly a star, I am sure she will achieve her ambitions.
 Thankfully it also confirms that you lot are bonkers !

That is why we love you all. Smile.
(25-06-2020, 11:03 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: This one wants to be a vet - Nick Turley informs me that I may need to sell some cars...
In addition, tell her that being a vet is not about cuddly animals, it's about standing knee-deep in mud, in the middle of a field during a blizzard, with your arm up a cow's arse.
She understands that too - trust me, the force is strong in this one!
Hi R,

You are continuing to worry me with the recreation picture.

Perhaps nicola sturgeon could have let you out of lockdown a little earlier Wink

Tony.
Excellent work.

At first glance I thought she had a can of beer at her feet to celebrate the completion of the job!