The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young blood...
For the last month Daisy has woken me up on half a dozen occasions in her boiler suit asking me to involve her in "car building" - normally this would be something I would jump at but my role in education has rather overtaken car work of late.  Yesterday this changed and I am able to enter the workshop once more, taking Daisy with me.

She helped me to completely rewire an RK today, reading the factory diagram perfectly.  I showed her twice how to strip the wires, heat shrink and solder them - after that she was able to proceed alone. 

Tomorrow we will make up and weld a bespoke exhaust system on the Sports Coupe.

Brill! I am just waiting to get the grandchildren involved. 9 year old Millie will be driving this year... 6 month old Austin may take a wee while longer to get behind wheel, but he shows promise...
Imsure you will be paying the going rate Big Grin

Tony.
(25-06-2020, 10:06 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Imsure you will be paying the going rate Big Grin

Tony.

She's no daft Tony - contract out before we began!
I remember doing that. She has a very senior job at a major UK car manufacturer now.
Alan Fairless
This one wants to be a vet - Nick Turley informs me that I may need to sell some cars...
Hi R.    Beware - when in times to come they erect a statue of you - it may be later pulled down by the anti-slavery mob.  A great loss to the pigeons.   Seriously though, does Daisy have the Heriot books like All Creatures Grunt & Smell?  If not, let me know and I'll send her some.  Cheers. Bill in Oz
Wonderful!
Fully as charming as the RK. I thought something was lacking from the Forum lately. We have not seen the girls for a while.
If you could make obvious  the link with what she had accomplished, would be a candidate for a photo competition or local paper.
Wonderful, really great to see someone so young taking an interest in practical things. I like the boilersuit Daisy!!!
Tod