The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gould bodies
It is certainly my intention to attend, just need to find a car to do it in Sad

Gould No.1 (probably!)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I well remember the above photo being taken at the second 10,000 mile record attempt, recreating the one taken some years before....

[Image: 51697716759_eb666e396b.jpg]
The record attempt car "RN" which Chris runs, is #3 from 1972. Robert Leigh has #1 from 1971 which I think was originally for Martin Eyre.
(22-11-2021, 10:35 AM)Stuart Giles Wrote: I well remember the above photo being taken at the second 10,000 mile record attempt, recreating the one taken some years before....

[Image: 51697716759_eb666e396b.jpg]

I thought the top photo was taken at the first attempt, I was at both and memory is rusty, but thought Roy Hill wasn't at No2?
Shocked 
Would be very interested in a Gould body if one was lurking in a shed somewhere

cheers
Matt
Matt - pm me your email details as I may know someone with one...
I have what I believe is body no 1, but it has been painted and the evidence is no longer visible. Chris Gould has examined it and agrees. I understand that Chris gave it to Martin Eyre as a reward for providing the original body from which Chris made the mould. He passed it on to someone in Norfolk who sold it to Andrew Myson, who in turn worked on it through a job change and two house moves over about 10 years, before selling it to me in 2002. I completed it and put it on the road on January 1st 2003. Since then I have continued to improve it and used it for a lot of european motoring. There is YouTube film of use at Montlhery and Zandvoort, Austin Seven 14 and Austin Seven Zandvoort.
Body No.8 Mk1 which I am currently rebuilding. In its previous life it was campaigned by Alan Nye and a photo of it racing in Chris Harvey’s Austin 7 book. I’m trying to find out about it’s history to display at a local centenary celebration. I’d be very happy to hear from anyone who can help with its racing history etc. I believe it was once fitted with a Shorrock’s supercharger.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpeg   BBB8E504-6834-45A4-B955-E77B41CEAF5D.jpeg (Size: 33.4 KB / Downloads: 395)
Some more information on No.8 from Chris Gould:

The body was made in December 1973, his notes state that David Reilly raced it and then later notes made in Jan 1998 state that Alan Nye owned it. There is a note that Alan Nye won the Ulster Championship three times in a row, however he isn't sure if that is correct. Registration number at this point was DV8166, the car was later supercharged with a Shorrocks 75B supercharger and was claimed to have developed 58BHP. (The body was originally blue, then British racing Green and then Red)

I have later found out the that the body was later removed and the chassis fitted with a replacment aluminium Rod Yates body, for Lionelll Burrell the assistantant editor of The Automobile Magazine. I am told that the supercharger was also sold around this time.

Chris very kindly scoured bulletins that he had up to 1980 and was able to turn up the following photographs:
(Also very interesting to see the specs of the race cars)

Attached Files
.jpg   DV8166 1.jpg (Size: 98.25 KB / Downloads: 276)
.jpg   DV 8166 2.jpg (Size: 104.14 KB / Downloads: 277)
.jpg   DV8166 3.jpg (Size: 100.81 KB / Downloads: 276)
.jpg   ALAN NYE.jpg (Size: 95.55 KB / Downloads: 277)
Belini, That's a stash of chassis you have there and a couple of nice projects...