The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel system cleaning
(12-06-2020, 06:48 PM)morrisminor Wrote: How do you remove it Duncan ?

I'm afraid I've drained it in my workshop already Charles !
Yes I'm going to put a inline plastic fuel filter in the pipe,  got to cut it first though. 
My sender unit has never worked since I bought the car,  I just use a marked stick

hi morrisminor— I like your approach. Only mentioned the petrol thing because when I drained mine ( in the workshop) I under estimated the amount left in the tank and ended up with a bit of spill. Not as bad as the sorcerers apprentice but a little concerning at the time.
I think this has been answered by John Cornforth "whack a big screwdriver through it", crude but satisfyingly effective.
Do you know Charles,  I underestimated the amount of fuel the tank had in it because I use a stick to measure it,  so I ran out of containers !!
(13-06-2020, 11:53 AM)morrisminor Wrote: Do you know Charles,  I underestimated the amount of fuel the tank had in it because I use a stick to measure it,  so I ran out of containers !!

At this time of admirable confessions I have to say that when my fuel gauge shows empty I get out the stick ( not to beat the chauffeur) but to find out what is actually in there — usually a bit more than the gauge would indicate.
The best I can say about the RP's fuel gauge is that it nearly works! It refuses to read lower than 1/4 full and only reads 'Full' if the tank is virtually overflowing. The best i can say is that it gives me an indication of whether I have any petrol or not. If it gets anywhere near the 1/4 mark, I refuel, when the car takes around about 3 gallons. At least I haven't run out yet.