The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Project Part needed.
Hi All

I would agree a cheap eBay SU might be the way to go unless.... you want to retain the early vertical float.  These carbs are quite rare and command high prices. They are advantageous as they bolt onto the manifold with a simple adapter and are normally 1” or 1 1/8” sizes which are ideal for the Seven engine.  Personally I would bite the bullet and buy the required parts from Burlen. 

Cheers

Howard
He already has the float chamber Howard so that is not a consideration opening up all sorts of options regarding the parts required. even the common and cheap early Morris minor SU will provide the missing bits, as will numerous other BMC products.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi All. Thanks for all of the suggestions, I looked on E-bay and seen a float chamber complete with float, needle valve, lid and nut. Measurement given by seller matched the measurements on mine and photo showing a number on the float chamber was the same number as mine, so i purchased for 40 pounds. Just awaiting delivery. Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Thanks very much for the invaluable information. I managed to source a float chamber and lid on E-bay, probably paid a little more than its worth, but it appears to have all the parts i need. However, if i find poor needle and seat or gasket etc..., i can revert to your list and order same. Thanks again for your help.