The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Project Part needed.
My 5 year project has passed the first milestone. This project was a totally stripped Austin 7 Ruby (CYA 695) including engine stripped about 45 years ago and all left to rust and rot. I spent the some time before the lock down obtaining parts and getting piston rings made for the specialoyd pistons and i spent the time of the lockdown cleaning everything and reassembling the engine and temporary fitting it to the car to start it. Could not believe it, started first pop. You would think the car had only been switched off. However, there was an old S.U. type carburettor with the top of the float chamber missing in the car with everything else, which i stripped and cleaned and used by filling the float chamber with petrol. Now that i know the engine runs, i am trying to get a complete top and securing bolt for the carb. Anyone have an idea where i might purchase one? I dont see any on the A7 parts website. By the way, i read lots of valuable information on these threads which helped the build. The guys on here even told me where to have the rings made.Great forum.

Tried to upload a photo of carb with the post but i didn't succeed.
Burlen Fuel Systems will sell you one
Alan Fairless
Try to upload photo again.

Thanks Alan. I will check these out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As well as the top you'll need a needle valve, fork and pivot and the fixing bolt that holds the top on. Also a float if you haven't got one. All available from Burlens or any of the other SU parts people.

Steve
Andrew Turner.  (+44) 01476 860555  Try this guy. Much cheaper than Burlen. Had one done by him last year. 
Kevin.
Burlen do have everything but they are reasonably expensive. I don't mind that for parts so much (if it keeps them in business making them) but their overseas postage prices are very high (15 quid to post a 12 quid needle for example). It just means they miss out on orders from me until I need enough bits to make the postage worthwhile.

One thing I do want is the top bolt with an overflow pipe. I recently had a fuel needle get stuck open causing fuel to pour out on top of the exhaust!

If you do order anything from them be sure to also get their SU reference catalogue book. It is free with any order and is very handy: http://burlen.co.uk/su-reference-catalogue.html

Simon
why not buy a complete and serviceable SU on eBay instead of having to search for al those individual missing parts to build up an incomplete one that may (or will probably) need servicing / overhaul anyway?  ?? I've just bought a nice cleaned and polished complete SU H1 for £ 55.00 on eBay....  then buy a servicing kit for about £ 55.00 and Bob's y'r uncle. Or try to get lucky and find one that has been reconditioned for you by the vendor ...
The number 1930 in raised digits on the carb body indicates it's an SU 1" UBA carb from a 918cc 1935 to 1938 Series I / II Morris Eight. Here's a link to Burlen's Parts List for this carb.

http://sucarb.co.uk/carbspec/carburettor...s/id/1847/

The float chamber lid is original casting no. 1217 - Burlen part no. AUE 992
The float lid fixing nut is Burlen part no. AUC 1163
The float is original part no. 1223 - Burlen part no. WZX 1302
You'll also need a float chamber gasket Burlen part no. AUC 1412
and a steel banjo bolt Burlen part no. AUC 2698
a float inlet filter Burlen part no. AUC 2139
an aluminium washer Burlen part no. AUC 1557
and a fibre washer Burlen part no. AUC 1928
The Burlen international postage policy is very poor and as Simon states must cost them many orders, seems a shame. The parts you need Eddie are not hard to source, there would be numerous suitable donor carbs available, even if the body is different the float chamber lids, floats etc will still be the same.
Black Art Enthusiast
Like Michael, I bought a complete SU from E-bay for £9.00. It had very little wear, surprisingly, and just needs a good clean and new service parts. It was far cheaper than buying the few parts which I needed to rebuild the other carburettor which I had been given and which was missing the dashpot and damper rod.

Jamie.