The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1992 70th Anniversary
Robin

Yes, you are right about the pram irons on TSK 490.  When we got the car in 2002 they were still upside down (sorted now).  The car had all sorts of oddities, and having zero experience with Sevens, it took several years to discover them and sort them out. At various Beaulieu rallies one would encounter gents stroking their beards and overhear them  muttering that such and such wasn't quite right !

I remember the first time filling the tank, and being greeted with a flood of 4-star under the car from the overflow whilst waiting in vain for the pump to cut off, such was our naivety.

She also handled rather oddly, which we eventually tracked down to the rear tyres.  Despite both being nominally 4.5 inch section, they were of different makes and about an inch different in diameter.  With new tyres, everything settled down.
Thanks for sharing that, even got Dave Wilcox box saloon in there near the end brown one JH 5024, be good to find some old footage of autokarna wollaton park notts as I'm sure it's got less and less with regards A7 attendance every year
Autokarna 1991 - should get it on Youtube by tomorrow evening.  Watch this space.
Autokarna 91, Chatsworth 91 plus other transport related.
https://youtu.be/4JJtpGNLF6s
or search youtube for Robin Oldfield for my channel.
Brilliant footage and most of the cars are still around, WV 1605 now lives in north wales, Ron bailey still has his chummy RR, the Ken Denham van is now down south somewhere SH 4344 ex Dave wilcox, EG 198 Austin swallow is still around, shows you the rows of cars that used to attend autokarna, nippys, chummys, box saloons and Ruby's, I'm pretty sure it does not get the entrys like it used to back then. Thanks
EG 198 was John Goodacre's Swallow, now with David Mawby, I believe.