The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1992 70th Anniversary
I came across this VHS video footage I made in 1992 featuring Cofton Park and Stanford Hall so converted it and put it on Youtube.  Was it really almost 30 years ago?  I had recently completed the restoration of my Pearl FK7372.  Remember these were still early days for video recording and the quality does not match that of current digital devices.  [color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]https://youtu.be/7GTzgK3OUSU[/color]

Sorry, I don't know what all the stuff is in square brackets.  I think you can ignore it. (?)
Nice bit of film Robin - and so many cars obviously driven to the event back then - I wonder how many will get to the centenary under their own steam?
Excellent work Robin, great pictures, well done.

Bryan.
Hi Robin

Thanks for taking the trouble to post that footage.

I was intrigued to see my car (Red AC Pearl TSK490) which appears at 0:03, 1:26 and 10:57. She would have just been acquired by the previous owner, Mrs Mary Lunnon of the Midlands A7C.  She already had a Swallow, so was clearly a bit of an enthusiast ! I guess it was another MA7C member filming from the back seat in the parade at 1:26.

We bought the car from her in 2002 after she had moved to Brean in Somerset and found journeys to events were becoming too far for her.  She had made a postcard advert for the window of the local shop, and gave it to her neighbour to take there.  That neighbour was my Father in Law, who gave me the tip-off, so the ad never got as far as the shop.

John Cornforth
At 2min 30secs there is a non-bearded wizard (wearing the 1922 motorcycle jacket that Stanley Edge gave him), with incredibly big hair stood next to Dave Tedham and his purple Chummy!

Mike Hodgson and Vince Leek at 6.02.

It was at the Longbridge Rally that I told Charlie Carpenter I would be going to study in Glasgow - he offered me the use of his RN saloon for the duration of my studies. There are some really great people in the A7 world!

Thank you for sharing Robin.
Came up as black screen with sound track....is it me
It worked on the big computer. Towards the end there's a rather nice cream/green Swallow with a duck-egg blue Doctor's Coupée(?) Lovely wings!
The light blue car is a Standard Sports - they are lovely machines, the early ones have butterfly wings.

https://austinsevenfriends.co.uk/Bruce/First_sports.htm
Yes John I remember TSK very well particularly as the hood irons had been put on upside down.  Tsk, tsk!
What a cracking film and a great variety of Sevens...funny, I don’t remember the rain!

Further to what Chris said about cars making it under their own steam...what’s the point of having an Austin Seven if you don’t drive it?

I’ll be at the Centenary in the box even if I have to push it!