The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finishing a special.
(04-05-2020, 10:26 AM)Ian Williams Wrote: It is also with looking at some of Simons other projects, he is very prolific and inventive with the things he builds
And that's even some understatement Ian!
What a beauty! Very impressive and skilled work. Vee screen for my taste also. My only complaint is that I want more picture please!
My iPad can't seem to get access to your links, perhaps the computer will manage it when I get back to the office...
Thanks everyone. Be careful what you ask for with pictures! I did manage to recover my original gallery too: http://www.asciimation.co.nz/gallery2/ma...emId=27949

Lots of pictures in there with progress form the start. Over 3600 last count. If it weren't chucking it down I would take it outside and take some more pictures.

Where I live is on a peninsular with a nice windy but slow (40kph limit) road all the way around it. I am looking forward to taking it around there on my trips to the supermarket/Bunnings and back. There are a couple of big grassy/gravel patches off the road along the way which should be useful for testing the brake balance too when the time comes. Part of that journey can also include two big round about joined by a 70kph straight road which are fun to zoom around.

For a V screen I could maybe look at casting some posts in aluminium. Now I have a mill I could then machine in the slots for the glass. Or braze together brass channel I guess.

Simon
Great work Simon!
Simon, when we made the V screen for Richard's 'H' car we had a spare bronze center post cast.
You are quite welcome to it if it would be of any use.

Cheers Joss.
Hi Joss, I forgot about that. Yes, that would help a lot!

Today's job was starting to hammer the front guards smooth along the weld seams. These things are about 6 foot long (and I'm not) so a bit fiddly to work with. It was only after I built them as three pieces, a top and two sides welded together, that Joss mentioned the other way I could have done it. I'll remember that next time! 

I think the long guards help make the car look longer than it is. The guards are about 2m long and the whole car is only 3.3m or so.

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]

Simon
(05-05-2020, 04:47 AM)jansens Wrote: It was only after I built them as three pieces, a top and two sides welded together, that Joss mentioned the other way I could have done it.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]

Simon

I am intrigued. What was the other method?

Jamie.
Lets see who can figure it out Smile
I can think of two alternative methods but then I'm spoiled...
Only two?