The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
identity
Mike, in the first picture, I think the man standing on SCHD's left in Pat Driscol, you can just spot his glasses. Could that photo have been taken at the 10,000 mile record attempt and are they looking at the blow up of Chris Gould's Ulster?
Yes Lance, that's Pat Driscoll, but no, not at the 10,000 mile attempt at Goodwood. These photos were taken at Silverstone, I assume there must have been some special occasion, presumably in 1982, as a number of photos show cars circulating in some sort of parade:

.jpg   parade 1 1000.jpg (Size: 94.72 KB / Downloads: 120)
VSCC Silverstone 1982, I think it was the July meeting. A parade of sports Austins and Austin celebrities to mark the Sevens' 60th anniversary.
Thank you, Henry; I assumed something like that although I cannot find reference to it in VSCC Bulletins of the time.
Hi - There are a couple of pages on the day in the Grey (Blue) Mag 1982D? - Colin
(26-05-2020, 04:41 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Thank you, Henry; I assumed something like that although I cannot find reference to it in VSCC Bulletins of the time.

The car has the look of Reg Nice's "fast" car - now living in Yorkshire of course.

Charles
There was a similar event in 1972 with celebrities in A7's. I gave a copy of the film to the A 7 association with details of who they were. I think it has been transferred to digital and someone was going to do a voice over of who they were.I not sure if that has happened yet and whether it could be posted on the website