The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
identity
Tony Griffiths has forwarded to me a quantity of photographs, many showing ex-Austin people like Stanley Edge, Charles Goodacre and Pat Driscoll. Can anyone identify the young lady in this photograph in conversation with Sammy Davis, please?

.jpg   IMG_20200429_crop.jpg (Size: 113.28 KB / Downloads: 668)
Michael, I think that is SCHD's second wife, Susanna.

Regards,

Stuart
And the chap on he left, bending down with the woolly hat on, looks like it could be Ian Bancroft Wink Wink

Steve
Do you think they are looking at something even smaller than an Austin 7?
Thanks, Stuart, I thought that might be the case as she appears in most of the pics that feature SCHD.
I have a pal who knew Sammy Davis and his other half in the 1960s. I sent him this photo and he confirms it is her.
Thanks for the confirmation, Nick.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin she has the same look on her face as my wife does just before the lights go out, often wondered why.
she obviously needs a warm up Big Grin
Good morning,

I have spent my recent weeks of isolation searching through my Fathers old photographs.
I came across these three of Sammy and "Belzebub" as he called his Leone Bolle.
These were taken in 1961 when my father was acting as Sammy's Tender on the London to Brighton run using his two litre continental Lagonda which had plenty of room for spare parts and my sister and I in the back seat. 
My Father was a driving examiner at Guildford where he first met Sammy, they both shared an interest in cars and driving skills.
I understand "Belzebub" is now in America.

Roger