The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RESTORING a 50s Seven 750 SPECIAL
"Still intrigued by the hydraulic options though, when one has a hydraulic system to plumb into...."
Yes of course, simpler!
I'm not convinced that a hydraulic handbrake complies with the regulations for a road vehicle as hydraulic systems can creep. Fine for hill starts, no good for parking. You may not be worried about that?
I believe the handbrake aka the emergency brake, has to be a completely separate system.
An hydraulic handbrake is allowable on a car registered before, I think, 1968. However you are required to have two separate braking systems. You can’t just use the existing hydraulics with another application method.
Alan Fairless
I think your Speedex will be a great asset to you and I will pay close attention to the work you decide to carry out on her, I am at the chassis stage myself at the moment and not really sure which body style to choose suffice to say the speeex always looked quick even when at a standstill ?

Regards

Martin
(29-04-2020, 09:34 AM)Alan Wrote: An hydraulic handbrake is allowable on a car registered before, I think, 1968. However you are required to have two separate braking systems. You can’t just use the existing hydraulics with another application method.
ok, thanks all - so that rules that one out then, when there are perfectly good mechanical mechanisms on the back plates. Perhaps nice short Speedy cables are the way forward... unless anyone knows of a middle way...
I think it makes sense that the cross shaft comes out for use elsewhere and to get the hardy-spicer prop in.

p.s. anyone got a 4 hole pinion flange not doing anything?
Just contemplating cylinder heads and the need for Speedex to (efficiently) exit towards the rear of the car for the header.
I'm actually quite happy with a steel 37 head otherwise. But a comment was intriguing:

"one of the interesting things I've seen regarding cylinder heads is using the core-plug holes and feeding a pipe up from one or two (or more) vertically on to a 'horizontal' pipe that can face/drain forwards or backwards depending on your needs".

Has anyone done or experienced such that they would see as a good means of converting a steel head? I realise the core plug holes are smaller than the standard water outlet, but playing with my new electric water pump I see that that will be the smallest bore on the whole system.

.jpg   20200508_214311.jpg (Size: 161.14 KB / Downloads: 228)

.jpg   20200509_141118.jpg (Size: 233 KB / Downloads: 228)

Well Jon. If you are feeling adventurous,  the LRM head shows the way, with three sets of elongated studs and some bespoke water branches. The second photo from a recent Facebook post shows  a similar approach... just needs a little bravery with your dremel?
The former explains something from Dave Armstrong's SIE document - one of the cars with posh chrome outlets from the three, on an LRM.
That is very good to see that second image. I must admit I think that it still has just as much, if not more, hardware than associated with just using the HC head outlet, though I realise its more efficient! As mine isn't going to be a high stress engine I'll wait. I have too many potential bravery projects you have already tempted me with...
Have you noticed how the head nuts pulled into the soft LRM head. Alta's I've seen do the same.