The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RESTORING a 50s Seven 750 SPECIAL
Removed UJs today from Hardy Spicer prop-to be. I'm now going to read Woodrow to see if it explains it better than I intuited. One ok, but is it false economy putting such back for the effort involved in replacing, when they are a tenner new? Or are older ones likely to be better metal?

Also thinking through the cooling system. Are there particular disadvantages in having a single (spurred from T) header tank rather than an line baffled header? I can the latter is good for mixing, but quite inefficient otherwise. I see some headers are multi-pipe supplied to encourage air transmission from all sorts of pipework locations in the system. Is this a good idea, or would it just encourage potential flow away from the main route around the rad and engine?
Jon photo of Speedex I happen to have in the garage at the moment showing the header tank. Terry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice. No fan?
Yes - that type of header. What is the advantage over standard flow from say Austin HC head facing forward... back to rad with a smaller tee-d off (not-inline) header?
Jon its a race car it has an electric water pump as long as its moving it does not need a fan, I have done one with a Ricardo head with a 180 shape hose back to the same type of header tank as long as a water pump is fitted there is no problem with temperature or flow the water capacity is 5ltr. The electric pump comes on with ignition if you stop with a hot engine there is a water pump override switch so you can run the pump to cool the engine. Terry.
thanks Terry. OK, so I am surmising that the volume of the large header, and the fact that it is baffled, gives some extra heat dissipation?

i.e. with the ricardo, what would be to stop you having a smaller header on the front suspension beam just higher than the head, and saving on all the pipework to bulkhead?