The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Gallery
Hi Mike. I have a selection of 750 mc team sigma photos from Harry Worrall with his permission to share them. I realise now i should have put the first in test. Can you delete the duplicated one for me and I'll try to find an hour to upload and annotate the rest. On that note, is it worth having a category for 750 and 1172 racers?
Mike, there's an implication in the text for one of the photos of the Brooklands-based special that it became Simplicity. It didn't, Simplicity was a fresh start. As I said, don't let Reg. Nos. fool you!
BTW, that Brooklands special was called Roberta.
Ah, OK; I got that wrong!

Mike,This is my father, Albert Wortley with his first car.It would have been taken in the early 1930's as by 1936 he purchased third hand, his !932 RN saloon which I now use.
There are some great period photos in the link below of Austin Sevens, it may be worth linking to their site for the photos.

http://prewarminor.com/austin-seven-2
Mike, having just spotted the image you've uploaded today of J Richards garage, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, it might be an idea to have a category specifically for external street images of Austin Dealerships particularly if the A7CA Archive could make available for online viewing a mid 1930's Austin Dealership publication to cross reference. For example I found this rather fine early 1960's image of Pollards which may or may not have been an Austin dealership back in the 20's / 30's certainly the building would appear to date from that era and they were obviously Austin Distributors at the time of the photo. It could be a useful resource for those trying to locate their cars original supplier as many of these old garages / car showrooms have disappeared in the past forty years to be replaced by supermarkets and the like.

Jeff.

That sounds like a good idea; consider it done!
(12-01-2018, 10:22 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: Mike, having just spotted the image you've uploaded today of J Richards garage, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, it might be an idea to have a category specifically for external street images of Austin Dealerships particularly if the A7CA Archive could make available for online viewing a mid 1930's Austin Dealership publication to cross reference. For example I found this rather fine early 1960's image of Pollards which may or may not have been an Austin dealership back in the 20's / 30's certainly the building would appear to date from that era and they were obviously Austin Distributors at the time of the photo. It could be a useful resource for those trying to locate their cars original supplier as many of these old garages / car showrooms have disappeared in the past forty years to be replaced by supermarkets and the like.

Jeff.
Jeff

Interesting I am currently working on a list of suppliers/Dealers address with their plates and linking back to registration plates.  Along with hopefully the Dealers sales advert.  Was going to announce next week as just seeking clarification on copyright.

Regards

Douglas
Mike C.
You might want to have a look at my flickr site - album Austin 7 EOG 454 George Povey Special. (1938)
I can't find out how to get photos from there to gallery - test.
The photos are all on my other computer which is a Windows XP operating system (now declared obsolete by Microsoft...thanks MS) so I can't just  use your "add" on this computer as it only gives me the choice to search for photos on this apple computer.
I am slightly computer savvy but not enough to do what apparently is unusual things.

Dennis

will try this one

1938 George Povey Special at Eversleigh Speed trial 1947
Try another...same car at later date with modified wings.
The car:-
First registered July 1938 by George Povey & Co Highgate Road Birmingham.  Short chassis, supercharged engine.
Beatrice Canning-Brown of course knew George.  She says he raced Ulster OU 5753 which disappeared about 1936/37 and likely EOG 454 was built using bits from it.  Bottom of engine (at least) from EOG 454  currently in the special being raced by Stuart Ulph (VB 7571).

car seen and photoed by a previous owner after sold....possibly at Beaulieu (1959??)
    Ditto
    1947 Commonwood House Chiperfield.

.jpg   4308515123_26f0f73131_o.jpg (Size: 62.62 KB / Downloads: 707) Advert..can anyone  identify which magazine ? Autocar....Motor.....1939??? Ken Hutchinson was advertising his Allard which ad said was 6 months old.

Well it works downloading from Flickr and saving.....bit convoluted that way!
Have more pics and info if required.
Dennis