The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Repair Shop - again
(27-03-2020, 12:07 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: As for irritating presenters...where to start? I find Tim Shaw a total pain in Car SOS, and Mike Brewer drives me up the wall whatever he is presenting, while Henry Cole has me reaching for the remote control. Sorry. I am being a grumpy git.

No need for an apology.
Tim Shaw is pointless in that programme and the false deadlines are a pain. Otherwise it might be ok.
The omnipresent Wheeler Dealers isn't really worth watching since Edd China walked out.
Henry Cole is OK, but lightweight. 

However the US originated programmes that look as if they're filmed in largely empty industrial units, that have clearly never been a real workshop, are particularly stupid. They are also frequently characterised by various hairy tattooed blokes arguing with each other, usually family members, along with the ever present false jeopardy. 
The one US programme that I do quite like is Chasing Classic Cars - the presenter is clearly a real enthusiast and that comes through. And it has no false jeopardy.

Charles
Every time I gain control of the TV control I'll say "Can I put on Shed and buried" ,The wife hates Henry Cole's accent,she is not impressed with Junk and disorderly either.
Not sure if this has been noted elsewhere  -

Last night we watched Episode 19 of Series 4 of the Repair Shop. First broadcast in April 2019. Chap brought in a wonderful Roland Emmett creation - a fantasy-style O gauge electric engine and carriages.

They showed some background about Emmett - and there he was with his Austin 7 (I wasn't quick enough to recognise the model or models) but I think one may have been a fabric-body and the other, shown only from the rear, a Ruby.

Unfortunately the epsiode is not currently available on iplayer but do keep an eye open for it.

.jpg   emmet.JPG (Size: 18.64 KB / Downloads: 516)
as some will know ive collected vintage slot machines for 30 years.

but my interest is all mechanical.

if you want a challenge, rebuild ANYTHING electromechanical.

vintage jukebox, pinball, or even the small wall machines.

well done to them.

tony
Just watching Repair Shop as they restore a home built telescope from WWII. looks like the builder used a Seven front hub as a swivel. They get in everything these SevensJust found on youtube look at 2:58     https://youtu.be/fmbCJMglfRY?t=178
See post #15 here Peter: https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...epair+shop
(27-03-2020, 12:07 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: .. while Henry Cole has me reaching for the remote control. Sorry. I am being a grumpy git.
I'm with you on this one. Cole - goodness only knows what the producer sees in him; lightweight, cringeworthy and a (literal) turn off. Presenters are either good or useless, there is no adequate, no in-between. I'm sure the good ones are born, they cannot be made.
S and B It is worth putting up with Henry is watch the FABULOUS Sam Lovegrove.
They just need an A7
(07-07-2020, 11:27 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:
(27-03-2020, 12:07 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: .. while Henry Cole has me reaching for the remote control. Sorry. I am being a grumpy git.
I'm with you on this one. Cole - goodness only knows what the producer sees in him; lightweight, cringeworthy and a (literal) turn off. Presenters are either good or useless, there is no adequate, no in-between. I'm sure the good ones are born, they cannot be made.
Henry Cole is the producer! He owns HCA Entertainment.
Henry Cole is the producer! He owns HCA Entertainment.

That could explain it   Big Grin