The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Postponement and cancellation begins
Rainbow 
I know Ian Sly didn't respond on here very often, but as his bereaved wife.... how is a respiratory viral pandemic effecting the use of toilet rolls???
I refer you to Steve Jones' comment earlier which I think is gold.

' Because every time someone sneezes, another 99 sh1t themselves!! ' Big Grin
I spent a little time in the Nile delta many years back.  In a house I visited a 1/4” copper pipe was attached to a water tap and the pipe bent over the rim down and back up so that the jet “hit the spot”.

Incidentally I knew I was going to be ill when I saw the dinner dishes being washed in the stream running past the house.

Luckily I got back to the hotel before needing to use the facilities  Smile.

Cheers

Howard
In Yemen in the '70s, there was no "pressure washer" by the toilet. There was a jar of water and a squat toilet. Hence the reason it is verboten to eat, greet, touch, etc. with the left hand. Right hand is for eating. Fortunately, I had come prepared with TP. Next, it will be discussion on which leaves to use. Having done a number of canoe expeditions in Canada's north, there is an art form to selecting the right natural bum wipe. Mosses, particularly reindeer moss, are the bees knees. Avoid nettles and holly.

Erich in Seattle
Having done a number of canoe expeditions in Canada's north, there is an art form to selecting the right natural bum wipe. Mosses, particularly reindeer moss, are the bees knees. Avoid nettles and holly.

Living on a North-facing slope in Derbyshire, the one thing we have more than an adequate abundance of is moss. I must start bagging it up and flogging it at the roadside.
Sphagnum moss has mild antiseptic qualities which the soldiers in the first world war made use of.

You could therefore market antiseptic wipes!
My grandparents still used squares of newspaper on a wire ring up until the late fifties as I remember. Not the Womens Weekly " they woudn't wipe their arse with that" Big Grin  seriously it was too shiny
When I was a lad my parents told me that in India they use a pebble to wipe their bottoms.  I used to think a pebble would have been preferable to the 'Izal' shiny bog paper in our household.
Tony has an abundance of moss, I have an abundance of ivy.  I will have to develop a flossing technique!
I think there was a wartime sign that hung in some loos - 'If you use more than one sheet, you're the sh*t'.
Back in my school days I remember the Bronco toilet paper which was like greaseproof paper, if it were available today the water companies wouldn't want that being flushed.