The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Postponement and cancellation begins
Bill Rosten, Clerk of the Course for MCC's Lands End Trial, has just circulated an email confirming that for obvious reasons the trial will not be run on the intended dates, but postponed until 11th/12th September. His email is very well reasoned, but my attempts to copy and paste it to the forum have not worked. Perhaps another contributor can manage what I cannot.

I fear that at times on Saturday the talk almost sounded like being at a trial in 1939, " Probably the last time we'll see each other for a while."
Our local classic car club has just cancelled all activities for at least the next month.
I think this will be the least of everyones' worries with four month house isolation for 70+ just round the corner being slightly shocking - but not as grim as not being around at all for autumn trials. These are unprecedented and worrying times.
Hopefully people affected will have engine projects and the like to get on with (and keep well out of the way of school-going children who may not show any signs of infection, yet be infectious). We will be thankful of the forum for keeping sanity. Do take care, everyone.
i think we have a lot of this to come.

im sure many including myself are keeping up with whats likely to happen.

government are expecting the peak end of may, and taking into account it has taken 4 months in china for things to subside.

it could be a dull summer for us all.

although some are taking things more seriously than others.

i attended an auction last weekend, and there were very few causionary messures in place.

were as ill attend the richard edmonds auction this weekend. and ive already had an email from them with many things to bare in mind. and what they are putting in place.

AND WHY ARE IDIOTS STOCK PILEING TOILET ROLLS ???

tony
Tony Betts Wrote:AND WHY ARE IDIOTS STOCK PILEING TOILET ROLLS ???

'Coz they're idiots of course!
On the plus side, with no toilet paper,  social distancing will be automatic and no one will want to shake your hand Tony... there's a positive in every situation!
hi nick,

you are right about the positives.

with people hording and stocking everything they can get there hands on.

we are having to limit sales of head gaskets to 10 at a time in one perchase. Big Grin

and although im only joking, i probably shouldnt as i havent been able to get stocks in from ANY of my suppliers for the last month Huh

so the joke might just come true.

tony
When we visited my sister in Washington in 2011 there were numerous adverts on TV for rapture insurance... if good God-fearing christian Americans were taken up, the service offered was to take care of pets... apparently the insurance was well taken up...

If anyone wants to be sure their 7 will be well looked after in the event of the worst, I'd happily offer this service for free...

On that other matter Tony, aren't head gaskets a little scratchy on the rear?
Not if you remember to use your Loctite gasket goo!
Good point Malcolm,  though a smear of grease to stop it sticking may be better?