The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shockingly risque A7 postcard
In school I had a classmate whose last name was Doctor. And yes, his father was a doctor. I met a fellow once whose last name was Goon, and his parents had given him the name of Harry.

Erich in Seattle
(18-12-2019, 01:07 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:
(18-12-2019, 12:27 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: Ten years ago my secretary Julie had her third baby boy who was named, to my complete surprise, Austin.   Ever since I am sure the people of Thirsk think he was named after me.  The sad truth is that he arrived at Christmas when Austin Healey, the rugby player, had starred in 'Strictly Come Dancing', and Julie had apparently developed the hots for him.
You have to admire Mr & Mrs Healey for naming their son Austin.

A super story!

It's called "good cover", Tony.

C
We had a Constable Constable, and his brother Sergeant Constable in the old Bill in Surrey.
An academic colleague of my uncle's surname was Caesar, first name Julius and his brother Augustus.
Jim
Some years ago in the local club was Ian Want.
In one of my classes at High School was Rodney Sole. His nickname ? My memory must be going!

Peter
In the early '70s, I worked for a garage in Birmingham. The service manager there was called Austin Crompton. And yes it was a British Leyland agent.
My mother had a good friend called Delia, she married a Mr Cards so she ended up Delia Cards
I'm pretty sure the late Tony Pelton formerly of Newcastle upon Tyne and founder of the North East Club for Pre-War Austins named his son Austin and his daughter Ruby. Later in life Tony became a resident and local councillor for the market town of Richmond in North Yorkshire.
If we're playing top trumps, I work with a chap called Mike... He gained a double barreled surname when he got married, as wife didn't like the constant ribbing. Pre marriage his surname was...

Mike was made famous in the 1981 classic "Porkies" but predates the film by about 15 years.
This sounds like "Radioactive" territory to me... for those of a certain age this was a Radio Comedy show with Angus Deaton(?) featuring weekly appearances from a large cast of favourites including:
Mike Flex, Anna Daptor, Mike Stand and Mike Hunt