The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shockingly risque A7 postcard
A shockingly risque postcard

[Image: baby-austin.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great card.

Just over a month ago Deb's son and partner had a baby boy. To my delight they have named him 'Austin', though I have to recognise that it isn't done out of particular affection for the marque.

However it does mean that in the coming years it is going to be very easy for us to give him personalised tee-shirts, hats etc - and, if he plays his cards right, who knows what car he might receive in due course...
Ten years ago my secretary Julie had her third baby boy who was named, to my complete surprise, Austin.   Ever since I am sure the people of Thirsk think he was named after me.  The sad truth is that he arrived at Christmas when Austin Healey, the rugby player, had starred in 'Strictly Come Dancing', and Julie had apparently developed the hots for him.
You have to admire Mr & Mrs Healey for naming their son Austin.
(18-12-2019, 12:27 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: Ten years ago my secretary Julie had her third baby boy who was named, to my complete surprise, Austin.   Ever since I am sure the people of Thirsk think he was named after me.  The sad truth is that he arrived at Christmas when Austin Healey, the rugby player, had starred in 'Strictly Come Dancing', and Julie had apparently developed the hots for him.
You have to admire Mr & Mrs Healey for naming their son Austin.

A super story!
Good to hear of fellow Austins around, there aren't many of us, when growing up I could tell the class of the "mockers" by what name they teased me with, most were Metro or Maestro but every now and then you would get a Healey thrown in.

And yes I was named after the car, and yes I do have one
Austin? It's a couple of hours drive from here. Nice town , state capital you know. Worth a visit, especially at GP time.
Be glad Dad didn't drive a Wartburg, Dorris or Bizzarrini...
My grandson is Austin. When thinking of names, all sorts came out of the woodwork. I suggested that they called him something sensible like Austin not thinking for one moment that they would. Son in law being a rugby fan said that he could live with that.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Thank God they didn't call him Rosengart
When I was a student at Sheffield Tech I had a friend called Richard Seven. I often suggested that should he ever have a son, he ought to be named "Austin". I wonder if he did?