The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beaulieu autojumble genius or stoopidity
i totally agree with both above.

although as suggested the shows are there so you can see the quality or lack of before you buy.

otherwise if its all done on the phone, many people who just order on a cheapest price offered bassis. may feel what they receive is the same standard supplied by all.

for instance, and please dont take this as putting any trader down. its just samples of what happens.

at a show, a customer showed me an aluminium sump he had bought "new and very cheap" it didnt look of any quality, poorly machined, and one locating hole came through a 45% angle of the casting.

he apolagised for not buying one of my nice expensive ones, as he was happy to play with? and alter? tidy? the lesser part. 

the point of all this is, by buying at a show he could see the quality V price that was on offer with different traders. and make his own decision of what was right for him.

on ebay at the moment are alot of the poor quality castings that can be bought very cheaply, the have a go public. are not passing on any infomation of the quality or lack of quality in the parts. just taking the large amounts of money people are paying. i take it the buyers will feel the lack of quality is whats on offer anywere they go in the seven world?

thats why we need good autojumbles, and people need to get out of there comfortable settees now and again.

tony

Messages In This Thread
RE: beaulieu autojumble genius or stoopidity - by Tony Betts - 15-12-2019, 09:24 PM