The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DS4 Distributor caps
The distributor cap that will fit is a D63, here's a link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEV-DISTRIBUT...SwLgNaUfzr

I think that the supplier for the small Fords does not have any stock left...
Thanks again all!
Link to E-bay produced the cap, Repair to rotor by the replacement of broken top spring (by a short section of clock spring).
Use of more clock spring to make new cap clips and then breaking up of a more modern set of points-soldering on the contact tips in place of the originals- Then fitting an unworn gear in place of the stripped original and a new condensor seem to have resulted in a DS4 that works.
Ta muchly!!

Ian C
I have just acquired a 1930 RK (Brightwells).  

The car is right in most respects but has a Powerspark (?) distributor which I'm not keen on.  I don't mind like-for-like upgrades but I struggle with this carrot top!

How rare are DS4s? Am I going to be able to find one any time soon?

Steven
Since you have the hand control connected, I would fit a DJ4. A very simple period correct Austin fitment distributer. The ever wonderful Tony Leslie usually has a ready-to-fit unit in stock for a very sensible price. Highgly recommended. BTW Nice car, had a good look at that one the other day, and liked it very much. W
That looks like the  'Bosch' converted distributor - available in at least two variants - good and bad copies. Black caps are also available which look much less obvious.
Steven, 
I have 4 DS4s on the shelf, all done with new points new caps (can't remember on gears) and ready to fit. I need to go out in the garage later and will take a look at them and let you know. 
Normally, caps are about £10 when I buy them, £30-35 for a DS4. Points £4 then £10 for labour I am not much of a business man! I would say about £60. DS4's done like this have been proven up to 7000rpm.  
Also I drove through Cranleigh today. I live 15 minutes away. 

Thanks

Tom
(18-03-2020, 07:50 PM)TomHunt Wrote: Steven, 
I have 4 DS4s on the shelf, all done with new points new caps (can't remember on gears) and ready to fit. I need to go out in the garage later and will take a look at them and let you know. 
Normally, caps are about £10 when I buy them, £30-35 for a DS4. Points £4 then £10 for labour I am not much of a business man! I would say about £60. DS4's done like this have been proven up to 7000rpm.  

Thanks

Tom
I will send you a PM as. I might. like to buy such a dizzy from ya that'll go to 7000 RPM.... ('cos I hope my engine will do some 'more' rpm after it's rebuild....)
(18-03-2020, 07:50 PM)TomHunt Wrote: Steven, 

Thanks

Tom
Hi Tom,
You don't happen to have any DS4 points I could purchase? Or any idea of where to get some that fit?
Best
Will
Hello Tom
Do you have any DS4 units for sale ?
I need one for my car as the cheap bosch unit is nothing but a pain.
Please let me know if you have one ready to go and I will be more than happy to pop a cheque in the post.

Thanks agin Paul
Will, 
I will check if I have any old points, but the points I fit need a slight modification and a plastic baseplate in the bottom of the distributor body. 

Thanks
Tom