The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1926 Doctor's Coupe for sale on eBay
Just to play Devil's advocate (and these don't necessarily reflect my views), how does all this differ from one glance at the A4 register showing cars with chassis, engine and body types all over the place on the numbers front? Except for having a significantly greater number of zeros added to the asking prices of the above marques....
Regarding the 1960s twin semi downdraught carbs and branched exhaust, I learned a word from tv decdes ago which I find a use for every decade or so...rebarbative.
In the Doctor's coupe's defence, at least it isn't sporting a pair of Hammerite-daubed waterskis... Big Grin
Refreshingly honest advertising - good luck to the seller and happy motoring to the buyer.
I'm with Ruairidh on this one. Apart from the anomaly with the registration date, which may not be intentional, there is no attempt to pass it off as something it is clearly not. Not everyone's cup of tea obviously, but clearly very well built and fair value at the asking price I think, especially when compared to the many 'replica' Ulsters and sports specials, including some very dubious examples, seen at eye watering valuations.
The anomoly with the registration date is the real stumbling block on this car. It looks to me like the 1926 identity under which it is registered has no connection with the 1933 bits around which it has been built. Sooner or later the DVLA is going to cotton on to this, and the likelyhood is that it will end up with a fight with the DVLA to even retain a period identity. We have heard how others have been unable to register their car for the road through 'insufficient' dating information. and I can see the same problem for this car in the future ...
How do we know it’s registered as a 1926 car, I have not seen it’s registration number or V5.
Seller does not give us it’s registration date.
If registered as 1933 then surely no DVLA problem?
The eBay listing quotes a registration date of 23rd March 1926.
I think it’s a great little special an eminently usable, the only things that concern me are its legal identity (particularly the shortened chassis, which contravenes DVLA rules) and the price, but that aside I would drive it! Blush
(19-07-2019, 01:48 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: I think it’s a great little special an eminently usable, the only things that concern me are its legal identity (particularly the shortened chassis, which contravenes DVLA rules) and the price, but that aside I would drive it! Blush

Plenty of A7 replica's fall in that category. Plenty of shortened chassis Vans, Ulstoroid,Specials etc which got now a pre 31 chassis number. Rub post 32 number and stamp early number as in acquire orphan logbook V5. That was done a lot until the computerise of DVLA in 1982 and the cancellation of all green logbooks.