The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1926 Doctor's Coupe for sale on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-1926-...3110246578?
Mmm - Which bit is original ??
(15-07-2019, 06:26 AM)bob46320 Wrote: Mmm - Which bit is original ??

With a 1933 chassis powered by a 1934 engine and carrying a 1980 body, the registration date of 23rd March 1926 does seem to be stretching things a little!
There is more than one definition of the word "original"...
I like the prayer mats on the floor.
Not being good at grammar myself! I think it's copied from an original.

A lovely looking car, if someone can except it for what it is.

A roach body is not cheap, that would be a good £20k today.

But for me, why on earth put it on a 1933 chassis. And 1934 engine.

It would just cost to much to put it right Huh

Never mind, Tony.
leafing through old copies of the BMJ from the late thirties, there are small ads encouraging doctors to get to the medical emergency much quicker by fitting their coupe with a high compression head, 1 1/4 SU, larger dia rubber fuel tubing....  Rather surprised that there wasn't one being put up the hill at Chateau Impney at the weekend, probably would have been as fast as the Beast of Turin though a bit slower than the Can Am cars. No room for the doctor's bag or a stethoscope in a Chapparal or Lola though,  so a scuttle light Seven it has to be for the almost flying doctor.
What an incredibly odd thing to build. Still, you pays your money..... However, "replica" is incorrect and "imitation" would be a more truthful description. I side with Alan Clark who maintained that the word replica is grossly overused; a real "replica" is something offered by the maker as a copy (or near copy) of a vehicle with (usually) competition success, or at least participation - hence the large number of "TT Replica" motorcycles offered during the 1920s and 1930s. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday - that sort of thing. Unfortunately, the number of genuine "replica" competition cars offered during the same period was very much more limited, and I'm sure Mike Costigan can come up with a list in very short order. So, don't be tempted by that "replica" D-Type Jaguar; it's only an imitation.
(15-07-2019, 11:25 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: What an incredibly odd thing to build. Still, you pays your money..... However, "replica" is incorrect and "imitation" would be a more truthful description. I side with Alan Clark who maintained that the word replica is grossly overused; a real "replica" is something offered by the maker as a copy (or near copy) of a vehicle with (usually) competition success, or at least participation - hence the large number of "TT Replica" motorcycles offered during the 1920s and 1930s. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday - that sort of thing. Unfortunately, the number of genuine "replica" competition cars offered during the same period was very much more limited, and I'm sure Mike Costigan can come up with a list in very short order. So, don't be tempted by that "replica" D-Type Jaguar; it's only an imitation.

Don't start me on the money grabbing, history distorting world of "Continuation Cars".
The word starts with "Bol" and ends in "ocks"

Charles
Thought to be Big Grin