The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1931-Austin-Seven-2-Seater-Sports-Trials-Car
My Car Check and DVLA says it's a sports body but Green/Silver. Registered 2009, manufactured 1931. The blue external paintwork appears new and the under bonnet and exposed chassis bits look to have had the WD40 treatment for the camera suggesting some tarting up for selling. As Tony says above, the detailing is awful but it's probably worth a go at 50% of the asking price.

Given that they're promoting it as a trials car, instead of the sales babble, I'd want to know about the engine and the gearbox and rear axle ratios but V&P don't target their adverts as such as me do they!

Steve
There are none other such as you.
Alan Fairless
For which the World, probably, needs to be eternally grateful Shy

Steve
I think that protruding spare tyre tread is so that it retains traction when it rolls.

The oil pressure gauge seems to be marked under the proper scale with 3, 5 and 7... what's that all about?
The oil gauge is from a Mini or similar and 2, 5, 7 refers to the pressure in bar.

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/smi...gKeA_D_BwE

Steve
More photos of the car and the documentations here

http://vandp.net/sales/1610/1931-austin-...rials-car/
Well, quite a few of those documents are irrelevant! A set of Avon 3.50x19 tyres when the car is on a mixture of 4.00x19 Dunlops and Cheng Shins, two oil pressure gauges (!), two sets of brake drums, the green paint which has now been overpainted ... and nothing relating to engine and gearbox apart from a set of main bearings! Still, I expect they will impress someone!
Oops! Looking at that paperwork it seems I'm not the only one on here that's had some connection with this car over the years. My defence is that 2010 is a long time ago and they do all merge into one after a time. Angel

Still don't think it's worth £18k though.

Steve
Modestly priced by V & P standards.
(03-02-2019, 07:45 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Well, quite a few of those documents are irrelevant! A set of Avon 3.50x19 tyres when the car is on a mixture of 4.00x19 Dunlops and Cheng Shins, two oil pressure gauges (!), two sets of brake drums, the green paint which has now been overpainted ... and nothing relating to engine and gearbox apart from a set of main bearings! Still, I expect they will impress someone!

those tyres arre actually 3.50 and 4.00 by 18 not 19. And why has no-one commented on that ugly-as-sin handbrake?? And how nice a pre sale blow over that leaves out taking care of that rusty battery box in the engine bay?  not to mention that beautiful carpeting. The omissions regarding the green leftover previous paint have been spotted.. Plus no information on the engine whatsoever other that that optimistic 40 bhp claim....plus all. the other minor or major shortcomings mentioned by you people....All this would not inspire confidence to me.