The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1931-Austin-Seven-2-Seater-Sports-Trials-Car
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1931-Austin-S...rk:26:pf:0
40 bhp ?

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
(02-02-2019, 11:44 PM)Edgar Lowe Wrote: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1931-Austin-S...rk:26:pf:0

Quite a nice looking special but a bit expensive and optimistic about power !

Tony.
pity they didn't bother to paint the interior green bits (which presumably was its former exterior colour) black...
That company always takes good photographs.
i do like to see how so called professional companies sell cars.

Ie, look and my shinny paint, and new seats.

Hopeing that you will miss the tractor lamps, cheap dials. Poor finish in cockpit and under hood. No adv & retard levers. It goes on.

Then they totally miss probably the most important asset the car has. It looks like it has a pressure fed engine. So bound to have a pheonix crank and rods. Theres a few grand already in the car there for you.

I like the car shape, but on a SWB the spare wheel sticks out to far round the body. So all you see is tyre.

Also why put a full windscreen on, when it doesn't look set up to take a hood?
Hi Folks,

I think its a Super Accessories Body. Circa 1956/7
So not at all Vintage.
Very Much Overpriced and Over Polished.
Its a homebrew special.
It must be time to start buying up Bad 1980`s Kit cars and putting them away for the retirement fund.
The shape is wrong for a SuperAcc. I don't believe the 40hp either, but hey it's got a pressure fed engine (we think) and it appears well put together. I think I'd rather have that than a nondescript ulsteroid that seem to attract the same money.
Alan Fairless
It has a 100psi oil gauge, so it certainly seems likely that it has a pressure fed engine. If we are being picky, it looks like it's about to blow a core plug in the cylinder head, and that 40bhp claim is surely way optimistic, 30bhp would be a more reasonable claim I would have thought. But I rather like it ...
Well done the sellers for giving a week's work experience to a local fourth former. Pity the kid's English teacher couldn't check spelling or grammar, and the history teacher is probably a Crossley bus enthusiast or Civil War re-enactor. Peering at the pictures, it does seem to have been put together rather well, and with keeping scrutes happy, probably for trialling, in mind. It's not pretending to be "vintage" nor to be built for speed. As much mentioned above,  the blurb fails to promote any of the possibly good bits such as a pressure fed engine. The price is silly but if the new owner soon turns up at Ashover or How Caple, then we'll welcome them into the fold and hope that the bouncer's delicate hand is small enough to grab the handle.
Hi alan and Mike.

Re pressure fed engine.

I was looking at the nosepiece, it looks to be one of dave dyes. With the oil filter under the Dynamo. Not a lot of point in fitting that item if it's not pressure fed.

Although it doesn't garrantee IT? As there are plenty of wally engine builders. And I have seen worse done to an austin 7.

Tony