The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wooden Garage or Workshop
Jamie.

Nothing as grand as some of the above. About 3 years ago I extended an allready 10year old B&Q 8x7 garden shed using another second hand shed of simular dims off ebay. I put a new floor in Used the original floors as the roof and made a big end door. Felt roof etc. Cost me about £300 all in materials. I can get a box saloon in it and just get out of the door.

Part of it is ligned with OSB. Mainly used as a structural stiffener.

My short wheelbase saloon lives in it. It keeps better than the two cars in brick garages. Nice and airy. Almost no condensation. The downsides are its bloody cold in it in the winter. And it us very unsecure vs the brick jobs.
Here we go, shows how simple it can be.

There was a large hedge in this location. Father and I spent a day pulling it out, and burning it with the traction engine. So the space for the shed was free.

Foundations are some hefty fence posts laid on the ground (level). These were coated in numerous coats of engine oil as preservative.

There is usually a family of hedgehogs in residence in the void underneath.

With the doors shut, it looks like a shed at a glance, rather than a garage (even with the large doors)

Part constructed
[Image: 008_1720.jpg]

The entry ramps are now better engineered, but essentially finished
[Image: 008_1721.jpg]
Hi
I was in Costco a couple of days ago and they had an interesting plastic shed that would certainly take an A7, it was about £800.
The authorities caught me looking and I was told no!
Ian
Speaking of sheds, this is what is going in at my house right now

[Image: IMG_20190131_143524018.jpg]

I have numerous dependent vehicles that need a roof over their heads. Mike

Located in very chilly Maryland
Four Candles! Now that's what you call a shed! Cool.
If you can arrange it, a hefty beam is very handy to hang a chain block off to lift up engine/gearboxes and so on.

Mike's shed is bigger than my entire house and garage!

Simon
Good morning.

Thank you for all of the comments, pictures and suggestions. This is just the type of information which I was hoping for.

It has convinced me to go ahead with a wooden structure, rather than trying, again, to resurrect the current building or have a brick one put up. The existing garage is 14' by 8'; the most that I can squeeze in realistically is 16' by 9', but the small extra should help. I shall probably stick with a raised wooden floor as the site is very low-lying and raising it a little will keep it out of the damp more and should help to keep it drier. I like Jansens's suggestion of a hefty beam and shall try to do this.

Martin and Nigel: I shall be in touch.

Regards,

James.
Prior to moving here 25 years ago I had a Banbury concrete slab garage with an almost flat big six asbestolux roof and metal up and over door. It leaked like a sieve , very bad condensation when the weather was cold and frosty. 
I took the roof off , pitched the roof supports and put a 3/4” plywood roof on , double felted. Sealed all of the block joints with mastic and then cement. I then laid two layers of strong polythene sheet on the floor followed by 2x2 batons and 3/4” ply. A new set of wooden doors one third stable door and the other two thirds half glazed. Ok, not the warmest but dry and useable.
I now have a purpose built brick garage 30x20’ with pit , overhead beams and wood burner. AND ITS STILL NOT BIG ENOUGH.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(31-01-2019, 08:52 PM)FrogPond Wrote: Speaking of sheds, this is what is going in at my house right now

[Image: IMG_20190131_143524018.jpg]

I have numerous dependent vehicles that need a roof over their heads. Mike

Located in very chilly Maryland

I feel a shed war coming on!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here's one I built out of scraps just before christmas, for the mower, yard tools, farm ute and donkey shelter. The Austin doesn't belong here but I had to keep it relevant Big Grin . Also shows off some of my wheelbarrow wheel collection   cheers Russell

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)