The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why won't it start
Ruby running great again, I think I was being a bit to technical looking for problems that didn't exist, with the carb off I give a squirt of easy start into the manifold she fired up straight away for a few seconds, so I put the carb back on gave it another squirt of easy start, she fired up and then kept running on the petrol. I don't like the stuff (easy start) and I have seen so many engines ruined by it, but it does what it says on the tin and can sort out a problem.

Thanks for all replies
Graham
In Australia the same product is called "Start you Bastard!"

Probably was a combination of things - is your fuel reasonably fresh?
(17-01-2019, 05:26 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: In Australia the same product is called "Start you Bastard!"

Probably was a combination of things - is your fuel reasonably fresh?

Although they may be a bit of old petrol in the tank, it as had three gallon put in in the last month, I don't think the do good us would allow a name like that over here, although when I worked in a garage it was often said by the mechanics  Big Grin
when I struggle getting a seven to fire when everyrhing else suggests it should. I often put a drop of fresh petrol down each bore.
(17-01-2019, 09:22 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: when I struggle getting a seven to fire when everyrhing else suggests it should. I often put a drop of fresh petrol down each bore.

That was the point of the original 'petrol taps ' in the cylinder head - I suppose you could remove the brass plugs and squirt in petrol !  Smile

All you Ruby owners miss out on this.
ive got a brass plug cylinder head on my chummy
For Ruby owners like myself you can just remove one plug and put a small amount of neat petrol down the plug hole. Reinsert the plug and away she goes. Sometimes coughs a little until the other three fire up but soon runs sweetly.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Short squirt of Brake Cleaner into the carb air intake! Make sure it's a short squirt though.

Steve