The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front seat fittings 1932 short Chassis AG Tourer.
(27-01-2019, 10:54 PM)Tony Press Wrote:
(27-01-2019, 06:02 PM)Parazine Wrote:
(26-01-2019, 05:55 PM)David.H Wrote: That is very helpful. Thanks so much.
One query; does the hole for the locking pin go right through the assembly? There appears to be a hole in the other underside as well, but it looks off centre ...or is it a shadow or parallax or what...I imagine the pin has to go through the seat frame/arm and seat mounting, or does it act as a peg rather than a through pin?

Hi David,

the hole goes right through and is 9/32 dia. The pin drops through 2 sides of the arm plus the seat to pin it into place.

Hi Tony, 

Hopefully this picture makes things a bit clearer?

Regards

Tim R

Thank you- looks very like my 1929 Holden bodied Saloon (with a Chummy floor pan)

The swing arm is fitted with a 1/4" bolt as pivot- not original I am sure, but on the panel alongside the bolt is as mall plate held by two rivets which appears to have something missing  - could this have been part of some fixing ?

Tony P.

What a fount of helpful knowledge this site contains! Thanks to you all.
I made up a swing arm from a scrap piece of 14g Zintec (bit thick & hard to bend!) and it works fine. I thought my cup of happiness was overflowing when I found a  slotted screw with a large dia head and 1/8" deep shoulder as the pivot boltt! However the head was a bit too high & caused the seat to rock .....by now I was getting picky (and this coming from a seat held on with one roofing bolt....!) As I couldn't think of anything else I am using a Csk screw for now.
It was interesting (to me anyway!) to find that there is a stiffening strip making a rib under the panel that carries the swing arm. It also acts as a stop for the arm (not that it needs one...)