The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 CALENDARS.
Apparently mine was also seized by the domestic authorities, and was passed on to Santa for him to put under the Xmas tree tonight.
(24-12-2018, 09:12 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: Apparently mine was also seized by the domestic authorities, and was passed on to Santa for him to put under the Xmas tree tonight.

Mine arrived yesterday- thank you Chris - lovely set of pictures up on the wall ready for next 
Tuesday

Tony P , Melbourne.
I have photocopied the Kay Petre side-valve racer pic and mounted it behind the original (broken) crankshaft from that car which sits upright on my sideboard as a lamp base.
(28-12-2018, 12:43 PM)Terry McGrath Wrote: I have photocopied the Kay Petre side-valve racer pic and mounted it behind the original (broken) crankshaft from that car which sits upright on my sideboard as a lamp base.

Never thought I wonder envy someone a broken crankshaft - but in this instance, I do!
(28-12-2018, 12:43 PM)Terry McGrath Wrote: I have photocopied the Kay Petre side-valve racer pic and mounted it behind the original (broken) crankshaft from that car which sits upright on my sideboard as a lamp base.

Do you have a picture of the crankshaft ?
(28-12-2018, 10:08 PM)Tony Press Wrote:

Do you have a picture of the crankshaft ?

I remember a talk at an MA7 Club meet many centuries ago about making a new crankshaft for one of these where the big end journals were hand finished as they were difficult or impossible to grind.
(28-12-2018, 01:00 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote:

Never thought I wonder envy someone a broken crankshaft - but in this instance, I do!

Attached Files
.jpg   lamp.JPG (Size: 10.31 KB / Downloads: 272)
(29-12-2018, 04:33 PM)Terry McGrath Wrote:

What a monster - thank you- Tony P
I've been looking at the Janucary pic and wondering what the purpose of the aluminium(?) sheet folded round the side of the radiator cowl is.
The best answer wins a pint of White Witch at my local...collection in person only from the Yorkshire Hussar, Markington!
Looks like a plate for mounting a competition number Duncan. Common fixture then and now particularly for cars competing in trials.

Here's mine

Steve