The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ruby ARQ Rejuvenation
Looks a bit as if something has been dropped on it.
I wonder if those extra brackets and steel bars attached to the front of the seat base were some sort of strengthening for hauling heavy loads and subsequently the cause of damage to the trans tunnel?
The bars are for securing and adjusting the seat runners that pass through the seat box. Thats quite a ding on what would be a reasonably strong corner. I half wonder if she was tied down onto a trailer with a chain ratchet through the doors. My brother had two weird dents in the roof of his minor that we later found out came from hooks on a two legged chain. That car must have been a cat, as it was very close to being scrapped...
Simon,
No evidence of shunt damage or repairs on the body
The vertical face are the bases the seats afix to.
Chassis is in perfect condition apart from rust pits that where hidden under the felt strips and a warning to others who still have them on their cars.

That pinch may have appeared after I removed the pipe shown in the photo, with the area around the hole bulging slightly.
That pipe faced toward the rear with the end close to and pointing towards the exhaust.

Wonder if having the car on the rotisserie has anything to do with it?

Geoff - MacPro sorted I hope as I have videos to edit.

Nick,
The car arrived without any securing method that would have caused any damage.

Oh, just remembered‼️

The body was, however, outside and raised off of the ground on two lengths of scaffolding planks, placed crosswise, and resting on axle stands and during a period of fierce winds the car was lifted clear of the planks and stands and the NS rear corner/Mud Shield landing on the concrete paving.
The is no evidence of any damage to that corner but who knows where the force of hitting the concrete, if any, went.

Have posed a question to Simon about the rotisserie, but the car rotates with ease.

Geoff - A mystery to say the least, and bugging me no end.

Ivor,
Thanks for comment, and yes I am at last getting my enthusiasm back.

General question to Forum members,
Something I forgot to add previously regarding the bottom of the Scuttle sides that are bent and inwards then curved to meet the Flitch Panels.
Do I have to include that flat part that extends downwards or just weld the curved bit straight into the Flitch panel?

Geoff - Cholestrol here I come in the form of fried eggs & bread with bacon!
Before my Thread disappears into the distance, latest photo.

Had tilted the car to where it was comfortable to work on the NS Flitch plate, then some 10 minutes later found myself in an Ambulance with Blues & Twos going full bore.
25 odd minutes later, I wasn’t keeping count, I was in the CCU Theatre at NNUH for an emergency stent.
I have always had a morbid curiosity as to what it was like to be in an Ambulance with lights and siren going, and being fully awake found it quite interesting, and can only give a thumbs up at the way the lady Paramedic driver performed in getting the Ambulance through traffic with little discomfort to me.
Only once did she have to brake really hard, no doubt due to some moron driver.
Road noise drowned the siren a number of times
The episode took place on the 31 July, was back home on the 6th so in recovery mode, BUT feeling quite well considering.

The number of tablets I now have to take is eye popping, so had to buy a week organiser for AM/PM otherwise utter chaos would have resulted.

Geoff - Took the wrong ones once, before the organiser arrived ?
Glad you are feeling better. My pal has had a new kidney so bought himself a fancy watch which has numerous alarms to remind him to take his 20 odd pills every day.Just a thought!
Cheers,
Dave.
Glad to see you back Geoff - take it easy and get properly better!
Hi Geoff

You're not having the best luck are you?  I do hope you are feeling better and hope we'll see some more reports before too long.

Keep on popping the pills!

Cheers

Howard
Every day you wake up is a bonus. Carpe diem.
Some ice cube trays make ideal pill organisers. (Or parts trays fro small items!)