The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(12-02-2024, 06:19 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: I cannot get an A7 into the pic - but here is a Red Kite I photographed here in Hertfordshire a couple of weeks ago. In summer it is not unusual to have a dozen or more wheeling in the thermals - and being mobbed by the rooks and jackdaws.

Wonderful shot, Nick. I can't manage the real thing, but how about these?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sorry Tony the kite in the first photo hasn't got it's landing gear retracted.
...the man in the '29 Chummy told me that it was about to land on his AI-controlled drone that took the picture....
Hi All,

Put my entry in, for the first Inter Register event of 2024. It's a treasure hunt, that requires navigating to grid references on a map. This one is organised by the MGCC, but it would be great if Austin 7s could mount another championship challenge this year.

Starting point is in Ockley in Surrey (RH5 5TD) on the morning of March 3rd. See entry form below (hopefully).

Attached Files
.docx   Spring Naviscat 2024 Entry Form (2).docx (Size: 34.86 KB / Downloads: 5)
Drove down to the church for bell ringing practice, in the box and my pal who lives next door and loves to hear us ringing came out of his garage with a big smile on his face and says to me, I’ve just bought a Seven!

I knew he had a very nice Bentley Mk VI, but didn’t realise he liked Austin Sevens, anyway, it is a very original and ‘30 tourer, which was registered in Wales, then spent the rest of its life in South Africa so it’s rust free. Thankfully he is not going to “restore” it but leave it as it is and drive it…good man!
Colin
Surrey is a long way from Wales, so not for me to enter, but how did you find out about your local Inter Reg event? The Inter Reg web site remains in 2023.
Hi Steve,

Not exactly local - it'll be a 90 mile drive to get there, but appreciate that it is still local compared with Wales. Plus, I know you are a great supporter of the Inter Register series, who will always take part if possible.

I am lucky to be on various email groups, that were mail-dropped on this subject.

It is unfortunate that the website has not been updated, so far this year. All I can do, is to post it on here, or the A7CA website, as the events come along.

I expect you to be more competitive now you have a Chummy.

All the best,
Colin
Lovely day today down here in sunny Macronland. 21°, so I got the RP out and had a run round the block. Not much traffic about but I did manage to blow off a Citroën Ami battery powered upholstered clog on the way round, and it was easy. I don't think they can go much quicker than 28mph and my RP will do that in 3rd. (I wasn't in 3rd though I was just cruising at "Battle Speed") as per Ben Hur.

[Image: thumbnail-ami-ciam-23-leasing-400-210.jpg]

Mange tout Rodney. Cushty.

Daftest thing is that you can drive one of them at 14 and you don't need a licence. C'est dingue.
Willow tells me that she likes, this idea, of crazy...
Many thanks Colin. When I receive info I will tell other usual suspects in the Marches.