The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
[attachment=23801][attachment=23802]
I took my Ruby in the Auckland Vintage Austin Register Franklin run. This is an area in the south of Auckland with beautiful views over extensive market gardens. Seven Austins took part and about as  many moderns joined us, all revelling in the warm sunny weather. There was an intermediate stop to visit an eclectic collection of antiques and unusual artworks. The run finished with a cafe lunch and a visit to a large tractor museum at Waiuku.
With rain due later this afternoon, I popped out for a run in the RP and took a few photos.

Lovely, where’s your Austin badge though Nick, it doesn’t look properly dressed!
Ivor [sorry!]- I do agree that it needs a badge - it was missing when I acquired the car. I shall make it a mission to find one at Spring Beaulieu.
Or Ivor!?
Stripped down the front offside wheel hub preparation for fitting new bearings. How tight should the bearing retaining nut be? Is there a figure?
I don't think there's a figure for any nut tightness on Austin Sevens. Just do it up tight with a normal sized spanner. The nut is spit pinned so a bit of a fiddle to get the holes lined up.
Jim
I don't think anyone put numerical torque figures on an engineering job. I know that the recommendation for tightening the cylinder head nuts on a 1930s Talbot was 'as tight as two men can manage with a four foot bar'.
Thanks, both.
To make things easier when lining the hub nut up with the split pin hole I mark or paint a fine line across the diameter of the axle where either end of the hole shows. I then tighten the nut as far as it will go then using a tube to lengthen my power bar tighten again to line up my marking to the next gap in the Castellation.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.