The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Sadly it will probably be an electronics failure that sends most moderns to the scrap yard rather than something mechnical. In general the engineering is very reliable these days. I had a similar problem to the Range Rover with my Citroen C15 van a few weeks ago when the steering/ignition lock failed. After drilling out the lock I re-wired the ignition and starter circuits so it now has keyless ignition (a rocker switch on the dash) and a push button starter. Aston Martin eat your heart out. I do have a spare steering column with key, but just can't be arsed.

Thankfully the old bus, which is now just over 28 years old will keep me mobile for a little while longer. Engine wise it has about three million miles/km or euros on the clock (slight exaggeration) but it burns no oil and passes the diesel pollution test every time with flying colours. French MOT due in a fortnight. Doigts croisés!

On the subject of calendars I can just imagine a certain Stannington resident saying: "How much? you ought to be wearing a mask!" Smile

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Reckless Rat - 12-01-2024, 08:44 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM