The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Not my question but my answer is Rothenburg. In my experience they make good quality kit. Unfortunately the amount of heat needed for large items will run through their replacement "larger" aerosol size cartridges (Argon/Oxy mix and Propane very quickly. If you can find a variable Propane regulator (avoid cheap oriental ones as they may not conform to UK regs) you can go straight to a10 or19kg Calor(or similar) cylinder.
It's not always necessary to go through British Oxygen Co as there are now quite a few independent suppliers willing and able to supply reasonable quantities without having to take out a mortgage on BOC bottle hire. I gave up my BOC shackles several years ago.
If you ever go to France and visit a suitable builders supplier like "le Roi Merlin" or "M. Brico" you'll be amazed at the range of Oxy-Propane mix sets available over the counter! Refills may be tricky, don't mention the B word, but the majority of aerosol attachments are closer to a uniform standard. Reckers no doubt will confirm!
(I also use a Microflame but that's not really suitable for larger work)

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Duncan Grimmond - 28-11-2023, 05:22 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM