The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Austin,

It was the annual Sussex Steam Engine Club gathering at The Star in Waldron. This followed the Tinkers Park open day the day before. We had our Box on display while we ran the bar there.

Cheers Alan
(03-10-2023, 03:01 PM)Alan Osborne Wrote: Austin,

It was the annual Sussex Steam Engine Club gathering at The Star in Waldron. This followed the Tinkers Park open day the day before. We had our Box on display while we ran the bar there.

Cheers Alan

Were you running the bar at Tinker's or Waldron? If the latter I probably bought a beer off you!

I know, currently working down Tinker's Lane & live in Buxted so all local for me. The meet at Waldron is really nice as it isn't to crowded, speaking to a friend who was there (without his engine this year) they try to not tell to many people!
We were running the bar at Tinker’s Park and prefer the open day to the main steam rally that’s held in June as there’s more to do.
Realised that working on an Ulster is rather harder than on a Chummy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Tony

That’s what the garage hoist is for!

Cheers

Howard
(04-10-2023, 06:06 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Tony

That’s what the garage hoist is for!

Cheers

Howard

Ah! Thanks - I'd never have thought of that. Wrap the chain around one's ankles and get the other half to hoist one up. The trouble is, one is then at her mercy......
I had not realised that an alternative existed, Tony.

My own “ladies” assure me, not!
As A.A. Milne put it "Heads down, tails up, dabbling free"
(I think that pic looks fake though... or you have a long body with short legs? Is this the Guy for the fifth of November perchance? Stolen scarecrow?)
As part of the ongoing revival from its slumbers, my RP finally got a nicely opening screen today. Very pleased.I even had to re-rivet the clasp arrangement that had been taken apart which meant making a 'rivet' from a piece of brass rod with ends that I countersunk to peen over...

A question to the masses though. The arm has a slot where a rubber bush is inserted. Mine is missing. What does the rubber do? The system seems to work perfectly without it. Would its operation be improved with the addition of the bush?

The sharp eyed amongst you will note that the rubber seal is awry across the top of the frame. That is because this is only a trial fit to make sure everything works ok
If what you describe is what I think it is it's just a rubber peg to prevent the blade departing. A7 Components part 2H7784
Jim