The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Well, not today but Friday - Tuesday. Long weekend in Grassington with the Saloon staying at the Caravan Club site at Threshfield with our Motorhome. Travelled there Friday, Saturday, after a run into Grassington to get a paper, late morning went over to the Craven Arms at Appletreewick for lunch. The Craven Arms is run by a long time A7 owner and local 'character', David Ainsworth. I first met him about 35 years ago when I looked at a LWB Saloon he had for sale. I didn't buy it! He currently has a 1927 Saloon as well as his Punch and Judy show mounted on the back of an A7 Pick Up. Those that know me know that I’m not too tolerant of the ‘Are you going to a show’ type of questions. Like most, over the years I’ve heard them all and to misquote ‘Blaster’ Bates, they ask the same daft questions and they get the same daft answers. However, as I was getting out of the car at the Craven Arms, a cyclist that we’d passed a few minutes before pulled up and after saying ‘what is it’, came out with one I’d never heard before asking ‘does it run on petrol?’ Huh

Outside the Craven Arms.

Sunday, a run into Grassington parking among the bikers in the main square. Very busy so a pint in the pub and back to base.

Monday, a run up the Wharfe Valley to Kettlewell and a go at driving up Park Rash which is a 1:4 hill that includes a hairpin left followed by a hairpin right. Used as a trials hill in the vintage period it's a serious challenge and last time we were there with the Saloon it wasn't in the best of form and it failed. This time, stormed up with just a whisper of steam from the radiator cap at the top.

.jpg   Park Rash.jpg (Size: 90.18 KB / Downloads: 191)
Start of Park Rash

We could have gone on over the moor all the way to Leyburn but another lunch was calling at The Buck at Buckden, a pub I first visited (and had a pint in) when I was 16, 55 years ago and somewhere we've visited many times over the years. We therefore turned round, back into Kettlewell and on to Buckden.

Parked at The Buck

Yesterday, a crap run home in pouring rain!!

Steve

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve Jones - 13-09-2023, 04:44 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM