The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(29-08-2023, 07:12 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Nice work Nick

Howard

Thanks Howard. 

It seems like a lot of work for a car that I plan simply to pass on when I have recovered the registration... particularly as whoever buys it may not want the Silverstone body and may undo all my hard work! (Insert alternating crying and laughing emojii ad nausea)

So far I have resolved a number of schoolboy errors on the engine, replaced the back brakes, removed the halfshafts and diff for lapping, swapped out the bowed sports axle for bowdenex IFS, including removing the brake cams and bushes to be able to remove the king pins, sorted the 5" spaced twin ball mountings for the radius arms, relocated the bowden cable brake supports as they clashed with the balls, fabricated inlet and exhaust manifolds, fabricated a side mounted steering wedge to resolve an issue with the height of the brake pedal in the Speedex tub, the water branch to send water to the scuttle mounted water tank and a bracket for an ex mini handbrake oh and repaired a freebie radiator (thank you Stuart). Just need to make a frame for the rear shock absorbers and petrol tank, one for the fronts, radiator and bonnet and some better mounting arrangements for the body. I was looking for a v pulley but may now change to an electric pump for simplicity. On the subject of simplicity, the gearbox remote will definitely be based on Jack 's design... very little fabrication required.

B#&&£r... I just remembered I have no suitable seat. Anyone got an old fibreglass bucket seat or ally one that's in the way? (Insert crying emoji) or have you made a seat reasonably cheaply from wood and ally and are willing to show me how?

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Nick Lettington - 29-08-2023, 01:24 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM