The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Despite the hot summer weather we had a bit of cloud cover this morning so I decided to get the RP out and give it a run round the block. It started up first pull, as usual and off we went. I had forgotten it was a Bank Holiday (fête de l'Assomption) today so the town of Saint Ambroix was very busy due to the local market and the festival. I managed to have a run round though with no problems until I got to Robiac-Rochessadoule where there is a climb over the Col de Trélis back to our valley. I had to take evasive action not once but twice as I was forced off the narrow road by two oncoming vehicles that refused to accord precedence. The rules of the road are lost on "modern" drivers.

This might be my last outing for a while as hotter weather is on the way. We have 39/40° forecast for next weekend so it's likely the Mem'Sahib and I will be sitting in the house with the air-con on full blast. 30° is OK, I can live with that. After all it's summer in the south of France. It's meant to be hot, but 40° is just daft. I feel sorry for anyone camping in it.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Reckless Rat - 15-08-2023, 02:09 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM