The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Decided to overhaul the SU electric fuel pump I removed from the Ulster last week. I thought of buying a new one but Burlen's prices have gone up about 35% since last winter, so I figured I'd give the service kit a try.

The instructions which come with the kit are a bit scant, and Burlen wanted another £25 for an instruction leaflet, so I had a look on Youtube and found a great 'how-to' video by Tony Hillyard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU5uLjuOQdM

For the benefit of anyone who stumbles upon this post later while attempting the job, the knack is to screw the diaphragm in until it STOPS throwing over the rocker mechanism; then slowly back it off until it just flips over. Then turn back to the next hole + 4 more holes, & Bob's your Uncle Charlie.

Pleased to report the newly re-invigorated pump chugs away like a steam train, and now having double contacts it will no doubt see me out (it has put in 40+ years of reliable service so far). I now need to work on the Box's Zenith which immediately flooded under the tidal wave of fuel....

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Chris KC - 12-07-2023, 08:26 AM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM