The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Hello Tony,
very convincing... but due to the high prices (inflation) and the remote place where the photo was taken, I would have avoided the ice cream!
Once again Adobe ai?
Kind regards
Frank
Yes, Adobe AI with some follow-up handwork. I also did it conventionally - the result was much the same but far better when enlarged and at high resolution the AI being rather indistinct.  We are in the very early days of this and the AI tends to be "foggy" in its response. It's OK on general scenes but the images lack detail and are often compromised with strange, distorting effects.
Today I made a kingpin extractor but didn't get to try it because the PO of my special wannabe was no mechanic. 

First kingpin was upside down... 

so Ruairidh gave me a quick lesson in how to resolve this issue... only for me to discover the second kingpin hade been hammered into oblivion and I need to remove the brake cam and bush to drift it up on this side too...

Could be worse. At least the steering arm is ok...

Crikey! And what is a PO?

Apart from a chamber pot of course!
Ivor,

Previous Owner perhaps.

Alan
(29-06-2023, 02:25 PM)Alan Osborne Wrote: Ivor,

Previous Owner perhaps.

Alan

Indeed... not the last owner, but likely the one before. I was going to post a picture of the end of king pin that was upside down... driven in with a hammer and very much fatter than the half inch it started off at... the term bell end springs to mind, and I'm not sure it refers just to the kingpin. 

Who bashes a kingpin in with a hammer, especially with so much force?
Thanks chaps, even when I was running Sevens on shirt buttons as a teenager hammering in kingpins was a no no...though a little “easing” of the bushes with various primitive tools wasn’t unheard of!
Big Grin 
I'm about to go for a pint in my (new to me 3 weeks ago) 1938 APR. Earlier I tried to post for some advise on a inch and a half split in drivers seat but couldn't. I'm a bit rubbish with computers but there is no obvious means of posting a new thread and this may be a way in!!
Thanks, Ben
This morning I took the RL saloon to the monthly VSCC N. Yorkshire meeting in Ripon.  Good to see three Austin 7's present including a very nice Ulster rep that has been recently bought by a chap in one of the nearby villages.   The car has done a VSCC hillclimb at Prescott about four years ago and the new owner wants to take up the sport.   I pointed him in the direction of the Bert Hadley Championship.
Also present was a delectable 1952 Jaguar XK 120 Coupe.  You can only imagine what it must have been like back in 1952 when you were pootling along at 35 to 40 mph in your old Austin 7 and one of these overtook you!        
@ben10

If you go to the front page of the forum, where all the threads are listed, at the top right corner you will see a black 'button' that says 'Post Thread'. Click on that and away you go...

hth...