The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
We like to leave a lasting impression on our hosts!
If it counts. I spent a good 30 mins trying to reduce the thickness or my king pin thrust washers (at last). Still failed to make either of them fit Sad. Might have to send the whole lot to a clever man to do for me. !!

Happy weekend though everybody. Rather jealous of all the pics of your vehicles on the road.

Also spent some time working on my dads new toy yesterday - Austin 12/4. Lovely car.
Just been doing an oil change on the RP. Two litres takes the dip stick to the full mark (3 and a half pints) from drained - standard tin sump no mods. After 1000 miles there was 1.7 litres remaining, which means that it is using 1 pint of oil every 833 miles. I think I can live with that. Runs on supermarket 20W-50, so it's cheap enough to renew every 1000 miles.
The car that "left it's mark" on your drive, used just under 1 pint of oil over the 2500 mile journey. A small amount of oil can go a long way when it drops! Sad
That's very impressive.
Actually, having checked my notes from that trip, that figure is incorrect. It used one litre. The gearbox leaked more (1.8l in fact) so perhaps that was the culprit! The Pearl has another one, now.

I looked back over the Spain trip in the Chummy - it used a very similar amount over less mileage but the gearbox became very incontinent after crossing the Pyranees - it was a very hot day on the final climb and I spent a very long time in first gear. I was of the opinion that it has blown a seal, that car has a new box too!
Lots of A7s of all years - and many other interesting cars - on the VSCC Light Car navigational rally held in the Peak District on Sunday.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I love the GN’s automatic drive belt warmer!
I spent a weekend in my car and in terribly hot weather - 34°C and empty streets. Car went perfectly well but I was completely exhausted after several hours driving through the dried out fields, forests and meadows of Southern Germany... The photo shows the only safe places: Large trees to hide in the shade!

[Image: Austin_Seven_RP_1934_Tour_2023_shade.jpg]
All you needed Frank was:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)