The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Removed the front passenger seat for extra space!
Andrew Fallon
Netherlands
A select gathering of Sevens enjoying Litton Village's annual Wakes & Well Dressing car evening. Hurdy Gurdy, steam engines, fun fair, hog roast, brass band, tug o war.... and the rain ceased just in time for us all to enjoy a get-together.
Apologies to James Mappin from Hathersage, whose late-to-arrive Ulster Replica didn't make the photoshoot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

attachment=21807]
[    

What some of us did today was to go to Shobdon airfield, where a number of vintage planes landed for their lunch stop whilst flying considerable distances. A great variety of cars, three wheeler Morgans, a Crossley van and one Field Marshall. Much talk with pilots and owners touched on sources of magnetos, and it turned out that numbers of Seven owners and Tiger Moth fliers also have 2CVs. So sensible chaps after all!

Who’s the funny guy in the pork pie hat?

Thanks Steve. Great day out but you failed to mention it was all about the Tom Pellow Navigation Rally on the 16th September. It’s based at Shobden. I’m sure you can explain better than I.

Cheers

Howard
I replaced the flexible coupling on my chummy.
I think I got my moneys worth from the old one....
The car started to vibrate a bit on the way home yesterday, amazing how little the vibration considering the old coupling came apart when I pulled it off with my hands!

So did we Andrew, it took me a while to find the photo     

What I did today was have the connection for the oil pressure gauge pipe just shear off as I put it into the crankcase. The sheared off bit of thread came out easily enough, so it was not caused by binding or chewed up thread. Not sure whether it came from a cherished supplier or a local hydraulic supplier. What is slightly worrying is if someone had a bad batch delivered, poor manufacture causing the failure Not good on the bench, but far worse if  another owner has the connector shear off whilst in action in the car.
It's that time of the year again. The lavender fields are at their best and the summer weather is here (eventually - we've had the stormiest june for ever)

Seen here (today) on the road between Saint Ambroix and Barjac.

[Image: 20230623-121036-resized.jpg]
Ahh, the memories!!!!

Aye the memories!

I've just managed to get your oil stains off my concrete....

Smile