The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(18-06-2023, 06:35 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Had something triggered you, causing some anger and your skin to turn green?

Where would I start! Definitely plenty of triggers... little of which I can share on here, but also I'm angry at my stupidly in thinking the half built special I'd intended to stick a Silverstone shell on and pass on was built by someone who had a modicum of knowledge!  I merely went to remove a brake drum to flip the lever the right way up (down)... play in the wheel bearing was troubling, but the drum seemed glued to the hub. Still... no tools required for disassembly.

From this...

To this...

With a makeshift hub puller just to give sufficient grip...(no threads were harmed in the making of this post... the exhaust clamp was also finger tight.

Now I'm hoping the stiffness in the half shaft is just the backlash adjusters being too tight. Then I can get ro lapping the hubs onto the tapers... otherwise I may order a skip!

Trouble is, if I sell this pup on, I risk being labelled the 'PO' who jeffed it all up!

As an aside... I have never seen such tiny brake shoe areas... would an RP d type axle have 1" brakes?

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Nick Lettington - 18-06-2023, 03:11 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM