The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Today a friend delivered some spare parts that another friend gave him for me.

Many thanks to both, I appreciate!  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A remarkable journey Big Grin
My RP is in the paper this morning, following Sunday's run into Alès. The Amilcar is a bit older, 1922. The Mini is a Left-Hooker.

[Image: image.jpg?v=1]

Link to the newspaper article here (in French of course):  Avec Cévennes & Cars, les belles brillent sous le soleil d'Alès - midilibre.fr

After so many speed bumps in York on Saturday, today I thought it worth greasing every nipple on the Ruby. Then I noticed the broken spoke.

Intending to drive 40 miles this coming weekend I considered just driving with one less spoke, considered fitting the spare wheel, and then thought it isn't much work to fit another spoke. With a bit of heat and a tightly fitting adjustable spanner I soon removed a spoke from a rusty old wheel, and replaced the broken spoke quite easily. Didn't even remove the tyre.
My 18 year old daughter had her first experience of driving the Ruby on the road. Double de-clutching seemed to go very well as did heel-and-toeing. She didn't think much of the brakes though and opted not to drive it in traffic, yet. She was very taken with the logical positioning of the trafficator switch and its ability to self cancel at the right moment, something which my modern fails to do.
Excellent news, well done Amy Cool
Celebrating 90 years since my RP was built.
Many happy returns to your car, Bruce! Mine celebrates it build birthday in about 10 days time.
Managed a quick run out this afternoon and just managed to get back before the heavens opened. A shot here in front of the Château de Portes at 557m (1827 feet above sea level).

[Image: 20230608-131858.jpg]

Note the registration number 8.6.33 which came about purely by chance!
What I did earlier today was to see two Pearls proceed in a dignified manner through Abergavenny. Both with roofs closed, or should that be hoods up, so I was unable to call out cheerful morning greetings to the crews. Anyway, if anyone is reading this, hallo!