The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Many of the drempels seemed to be missing their warning sign - probably just a co-incidence ...
Steve thanks for that - brings back happy memories!     Smile
David, Thank you for your account about the loss of your wheel. Now I know I am not the only person to modify a seven and make it a three wheeler. Like you the escaped wheel did no damage to anybody or anything including the car as it dropped onto the rear hub without any damage to the rear wing.The wheel came to rest in the church yard amongst the grave stones. My wife still asks are the wheels tight when on the few occasions she rides in it.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I have searched in vain for the warning signs on my Dremels.
(25-05-2023, 06:14 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: I have searched in vain for the warning signs on my Dremels.

Someone has obviously taken the 'P'
We are staying in Norfolk and dropped in to the Seven Workshop to pick up a couple of bits. Lovely, warm welcome from Jamie and Karen. Thanks both!
This morning we went to the Tunbridge Wells Centre monthly breakfast meeting. The Orchard Cafe at Hartfield this month.

The Victory Tour, exploring hills and sections in Worcestershire and Salopia used in the 20s, attached very few Sevens. Actually a number of intended Seven participants suffered family challenges and visits required to the vet. For the livestock, that is. Rileys, and as pictured, a gang of Morgans enjoyed excellent weather, dry but slight high cloud so no boiling. My final response to Ruby carb problems was to wholly dismantle it, clean every single part, renew every gasket and washer and re-assemble. There have been warnings of side effects of modern petrol, whilst it fires perfectly well, perhaps mutterings on the forum about  the possible unfortunate effect on Mazak could well be true. I found no single observable problem, but very small white bits in various places. Not enough to block jets, but a full clean of every part made me almost wonder if I had put on a 40DCOE Weber, or a pair of Dellortos, a very notably improved performance. A total carb blitz must now go on to the list of annual tasks. Now, will I be able to skive off tomorrow to see and hear Bert Hadley competitors chasing records at the lawns of Prescott?
On Thursday afternoon, having occasion to go to Shrewsbury to meet an old friend for a meal, and it being a nice day, I took the Seven. It is exactly 50 miles from home to Frankwell Carpark and the route takes me over the Berwyns, along the Tanat Valley, through Knockin, joining the A5 at Nesscliffe.

During an enjoyable Indian meal, my friend told me that, as a student, he used to borrow his mother's Austin Seven, which from his description was probably a late sort chassis saloon, saying that it would just about do 50 mph downhill. After our meal, my friend, who lives in Redditch, asked me to guide him back to put him on the Bridgenorth Road, which required driving up a short stretch of the Shrewsbury bypass.

Now, I should digress for a moment to say that my speedometer has always been inaccurate. I have discovered that an indicated 25mph is actually nearer to 30, and the error increases almost logarithmically the faster one goes. I have never seen the speedo record more than 45mph. Normally I keep the car somewhere between an indicated 35 and 40 and I had kept it to 40 along the bypass. Imagine my surprise, therefore, when my friend rang me  later to say he had arrived safely and remarked that my car goes very well. He had been following me up the bypass at 53mph!! Oops!

.jpg   S02BI001.JPG (Size: 115.8 KB / Downloads: 264)

At the top of Bwlch-y-Carreg

.jpg   S02BI002.JPG (Size: 111.44 KB / Downloads: 265)

At The White Lion at Llynclys

.jpg   S02BI003.JPG (Size: 121.73 KB / Downloads: 266)

At Frankwell Carpark.

.jpg   S02BI004.JPG (Size: 117.23 KB / Downloads: 266)

In Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnamt on the way back.
Today we visited a veteran car festival in Sarnen/CH. 530 vehicles from 1903 to around 2000 took part. 

The village is closed to normal traffic and the whole thing is one big families and friends festival. Food, drinks, live music and other things like that... nice! 

And the weather was fantastic, nearly 30°C for the first time this year!

One more Austin Seven was there, a 1933 RP Saloon, covered in a very ugly light chromatic green... Ok, it must please the owner, not me. Unfortunately I didn't take a foto. Also were two Austin Ten and one Austin Twelve there.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)