The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(18-05-2023, 10:06 PM)YesNick Lettington Wrote: quote="Tony Griffiths"
Thanks for the detail of the assembly; I was not aware of the need for a little cork/leather washer. Now I know why the joint on Anne's Ruby's oil pressure gauge weeps slightly.

It's good to know the information is useful... I also had a tiny weep on my Ruby a few years back...

I cut about 20 tiny washers if anyone wants one or some?

Yes, please, I'd love a couple. If you can use the address at the top of the home page of lathes.co.uk that will find me. I'll be delighted to refund your post, etc.

I'm halfway through fitting indicators to my 1930 Chummy. On the OS front wing, the stay had a spare plain hole in exactly the right place to secure a bracket. With great care to avoid damaging the wing, I managed to tap it out 3/8 Whit. Now to the nearside - dash, no spare hole. So, tonight the wing was off, the hole drilled and tapped with assembly tomorrow. Next job, clip the wires neatly into place and then struggle to mount the switch and other bits as inconspicuously as possible. Happily, I have the ex-David Wortley Chummy to copy, a car with an especially neat installation that I'll try - and fail - to emulate. I'm using 6-volt amber LEDs like these - the recommended fitment for use behind amber glass - and a test proved them to be especially bright.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Tony Griffiths - 19-05-2023, 01:07 AM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM