The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Ken and Eileen Cooke’s daughter made my sister and me a teddy bear each.

We still have them.

Kirstie’s is called Nuvolari and mine is Fangio.
Did a little off road with the Ulster today, this used to be a road now two footbridges. One over the M20 and then the Channel Tunnel. Bollards no obstacle for a Seven.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A friend of Leon's came over today, so, this afternoon, he suggested that we take Louis (for that is the friend's name) for his first ever ride in a prewar (I nearly typed 'proper') car. So, having 'origamied' Louis into the rear as he is 6'3'', we set off firstly to pop into see a friend of mine at Llandderfel and then on to Llyn Celyn.

Apart from complaining about the legroom or should I say the lack of it in the rear of an RP saloon, young Louis was quite impressed not only with the car itself, but Leon's ability to drive it. I was intrigued to note that Leon has adopted the habit of using the hand throttle to effect downward gearchanges whilst braking. He tells me that his feet (he takes a size 4 in shoes) aren't big enough to manage to brake and use his heel to manage the foot throttle at the same time!

.jpg   S029I001.JPG (Size: 168.49 KB / Downloads: 356)

The car outside the entrance to Bodweni Hall in Llandderfel whilst we were visiting.

.jpg   S029I003.JPG (Size: 134.96 KB / Downloads: 358)

.jpg   S029I004.JPG (Size: 116 KB / Downloads: 358)

A couple of shots of the car and boys at Llyn Celyn

We did try Louis behind the wheel, but his knees were almost touching the steering wheel. His comment: " I don't think they make these cars in my size!"
Here's another shot before the second bridge.
.jpg   20230429_154850.jpg (Size: 99.12 KB / Downloads: 349)
    Here's another bridge I have yet to christen with the Seven, I found it in the middle of Stockport.
I thuoght that mentioning crossing over the Channel Tunnel meant an amphibious conversion, and that you had crossed the tunnel by navigating La Manche. Perhaps that involves a Thetis mounted on the luggage rack, driving paddle wheels.
Vintage (clothes and music) event at York Racecourse today.

Mine was the only Austin, and the only pre-war car.
Hi Andrew,

A rather rare 1946 to 1948 Wolseley Eight on display - apparently there's only around 35 remaining in the UK out of the 5,300 built. My interest in the marque stems from the fact that I have a Wolseley Eight OHV engine which was unique to the car.

Jeff.
Just back from another superb weekend away with the Scottish Austin Seven Club. We covered a total of over 300 miles, driving  to the campsite near Aberfeldy and spending 2 days exploring the area around Loch Tay and Loch Rannoch. Fantastic scenery (despite the weather) and a great crowd as always. About 25 cars took part making for quite a spectacle. 

I big thank you to Ruairidh for all the time and thought that he put into organising it.

The Ruby ran well apart from a longstanding, very occasional misfire ... that is until just before we reached home when it threatened to breakdown. We spluttered along for the last few miles but at least diagnosis should be much easier now!

Rannoch Moor, today…