The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I had a run to the filling station (supermarket) after lunch to fill the RP prior to my run out this coming Sunday. Carrefour were out of petrol, both E10 95 and E5 98 so I went along the road to Intermarché where they only had diesel and E10. Filled the car up with E10 (as usual). It must have been nearly dry because it took just over 17 litres. There is still some degree of fuel shortage here in the Gard, but deliveries seem to be getting through and there's no panic buying. We did have a situation over a week or so ago where you could only draw a maximum of 30 litres, but that seems to have been abandoned. There was no-one on the pumps, only me, but it was just after lunch.

Then had a tootle along the Cèze valley to Bessèges and then back over the Col de Trelis where near the summit there was a crowd of people staring at a modern that was in the ditch. No idea how the driver managed to get it there, it was on a straight piece of road on an uphill gradient... whatever. I did think about offering to help them pull it out but there were enough people there. The Gendarmerie had been and gone. (I passed them on the way up the climb).

I did try to have a listen to my "quiet" gearbox on the way round but couldn't hear anything due to the noise from everything else. It'll do. Diff is pretty quiet too. All seems in order for Sunday, although driving about will take second place to eating drinking and being merry and not worrying about what's happening in Paris or anywhere else, as is per normal round here.

http://www.lesvieillesrouescevenoles.fr/...l_2023.pdf

Sunny, 22°C. Very nice, young Harold.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Reckless Rat - 11-04-2023, 03:00 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM