The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Nothing exciting today, but, it being such a nice day, I used the Seven for my general running about. Went into Bala to post a parcel and do a bit of shopping, as my great granddaughter Sarah is staying for a few days. Then l went over to see the friends from whom I rent my horse grazing (and fed the horse whilst I was there) and then over to Llandderfel to see another friend who wants me to do a bit of towing with the Landrover for him in the near future. Got home and found that the cutout had suffered a derangement (see my post on the ‘Disaster’ thread). So I fitted my spare cutout and adjusted the charging rate back to its customary indicated 10 amps, as, when I fitted the replacement cutout the charging rate shot up to an indicated 14 amps! Getting that right took longer than fitting the new cutout. This evening I had an invitation today some snooker. I enjoy snooker but I am appalling at it. I had to find out whether the charging circuit was working correctly so took the Seven over to Llandrillo, coming back in the dark with the ammeter showing a healthy (?) 4 amp deficit with the headlamps on. At least with the new 36 watt bulbs I can drive the car with confidence at night.

All boring, mundane stuff, I’m afraid, but I do enjoy driving the car. And, yes, before anyone asks, 
I lost all three games, my best score being 23!

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 08-04-2023, 10:56 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM