The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
This morning a short drive through the fields of North Yorkshire to Screwfix in West Yorkshire, only seven miles from home. And on the way back I overtook a sporting Bentley of about the same age, or a bit older. It was stationary at the time.

:0)

I overtook a parked Lamborghini once...
I overtook a cyclist once in the chummy.
I was slapping the door sides, urging it on, and giving advice to the cyclist at the time.
Great memories.
Back in the day, one could have fun dicing with those blue plastic invalid carriages, which if driven well had about the same rerformance as Alice.
A celebration of my mother and me meeting for the very first time fifty years ago today.

We are in both pictures - the Chummy could not be with us today unfortunately so the Ulster stood in.

.jpeg   646F971C-F937-4E3B-9D4E-36DBF77A5079.jpeg (Size: 361.47 KB / Downloads: 172)

Tremendous day in the Cairngorms.

.jpeg   46EF6416-B5F0-485E-BB60-C737DB1B3F55.jpeg (Size: 733.34 KB / Downloads: 176)
Congratulations, young man! I can remember being 50.

Just.
Didn't realise it was a "round number" - congratulations!
About time Ruairidh joined the old farts! Many happy returns!

She was as lively as a lamb in the sunshine. {come to that so was the Seven}

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Happy Birthday Ruairidh. April 1973, remember it well. I was driving my 1098cc Austin A40 20 miles each way every day to a superb engineering factory as a student apprentice. Taught to operate lathes, milling machines, fitting and welding. 1973 was an excellent year.